On September 16 at 2:00 PM an online round table: "How much taxes does agribusiness pay in Ukraine: a comparison in terms of economic sectors and international practice" will be hold.
Organizers are the Public Union "Ukrainian Agri Council" and the Association "Ukrainian Club of Agrarian Business".
Agriculture in most countries of the world is subsidized and has a number of tax benefits. Our agriculture in the 2000s wasn’t an exception. However, in the course of legislative changes in recent years, the agricultural sector’s benefits have almost disappeared, and nowadays farmers pay taxes in general no less than other sectors of the economy. However, the stereotype of benefits for the agricultural sector creates new attempts to increase the tax burden for farmers who work legal. At the same time, nowadays more than 8 million hectares are cultivated illegally without taxes payment.
An active discussion on the level of tax burden and legalizations of all agriculture sectors was connected with the bills №5600 and №5636. The introduction of the norms of these documents, instead of the real legalization of all sector’s parts, threatens a sharp increase in the tax burden for legal agricultural producers and the arbitrariness of the tax services through the expansion of their powers.
- Mykola Solskyi, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Agrarian and Land Policy;
- Danylo Hetmantsev, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Finance, Tax and Customs Policy;
- Mykhailo Sokolov, the UAC Deputy Chairman;
- Roman Slastion, General Director of the Ukrainian Agrarian Business Club Association;
- Oleh Hetman, Coordinator of expert groups of the Economic Expert Platform;
- Serhii Karpenko, Executive Director of the Union of Poultry Farmers of Ukraine.
The main topics for discussion:
- Tax burden in terms of economic activities: the myth of "excessive benefits" of taxation in agricultural sector;
- The level of state support and benefits for agriculture: international practice vs Ukrainian one;
- Minimum tax burden per hectare as a tool for unshadowing some parts of the agricultural sector;
- Vision of future tax changes for the Ukrainian agricultural sector;
- Taxation of poultry: a “win-win” option for local communities, business and the state;
- Assets’ taxation of vs transactions’ taxation.
Place: Zoom platform (with broadcast on Facebook).
Participation in the event is free in accordance to prior registration at the link: https://bit.ly/2XerGZ8Monday, 13 September 2021