On April, 10 in Kyiv the Ukrainian Land Forum will take place in Ukrainian House. Ukrainian Agri Council is an organizer of this event. During the Forum, representatives of the authorities, farmers, MPs and invited guests from other countries will raise topical issues of land reform in Ukraine.
In particular, participants of the Forum will become familiar with the experience of Lithuania and other Baltic countries on establishment of agricultural land market. Kazis Starkiavichius, deputy chairman of the Committee on rural Affairs of the Lithuanian Sejm, will tell who now owns the land in their country and who has the right to purchase it and what mistakes their neighbors have made in this sphere.
Members of the Agrarian Committee of the Verkhovna Rada Of Ukraine Oleksandr Bakumenko (Acting Chairman of the Committee), Ivan Miroshnichenko and Sergey Labazyuk, as well as Olha Trofimtseva, an Acting Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, will express their vision of possible options towards the implementation of land market in Ukraine. Andriy Dykun, a Chairman of the public union, will represent the Ukrainian Agrarian Council.
The TOP-5 contestants for the Presidency of Ukraine: Volodymyr Zelenskyi, Petro Poroshenko, Yulia Tymoshenko, Yuri Boyko and Anatoliy Hrytsenko are invited to participate in the Forum. Politicians will present their vision on this topic: whether Ukraine needs the land market and in what format, when it should be introduced and who can be its participant.
Other participants of the Forum:
- Representatives of the parties that signed the memorandum on support of small and medium-sized farmers, — UU ‘Batkivshchyna’, "Association "Samopomich ","Opposition Platform "Za zhyttia";
- Representatives of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank (WB), IFC, USAID, EBRD;
- Representatives of the National Bank, NABU and commercial banks;
- Experts from Estonia and Lithuania;
- Representatives of other agrarian associations, which are included in the "Ukrainian Agrarian Forum";
- Heads and owners of small and medium agrarian business.
Agrarians will express their position on topical issues of land reform by taking part in the interactive voting. According to its results, the UAC will form reform proposals to be forwarded to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy, members of the Agrarian Committee and all parliamentary parties, TOP 5 candidates for the Presidency of Ukraine.
Event Date: April 10, 2019.
Registration Starts in 9:30.
Venue: Ukrainian House (Kiev, Khreshchatyk str., 2).
MEDIA Accreditation: email@example.com.
Thursday, 4 April 2019